Stucky
Old Fart

Bikes: '97 Klein Quantum '16 Gravity Knockout

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
In response to Stucky's inquiry I rode the steel Romic today over the same course as I have taken the Chinabike, and it was just as I remembered it. Very quick and agile, no flex to speak of, and a little sharp over the bumps. Now keep in mind I rode this frame for almost 20 years with never a thought that it was uncomfortable. On the contrary I would have defended its comfort to great lengths. But that was before I experienced the Giant CF and Merlin Ti frames. While I still love the Romic, now I know that it is possible to have a much softer riding frame without undue flex.

I would estimate that the Chinabike is just a little softer riding than the Romic over the road defects and just about as quick in the front end. You should know that the Romic is the quickest handling bike of any I have ever had, so that is saying something. Stable but very responsive.

That is all.
Thanks, RPenn.

Wow....that review makes me think very highly of both the Chinabike and the Romic! Very impressive for the Chinabike though- considering the price and weight..... I'm almost tempted to try that one myself. (Might just do it....)