Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 599 Times in 331 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
It's interesting that humans do require sunglasses when spending time outside. The guys on "Ancient Aliens" say that's because we really aren't from this planet. I don't buy into THAT theory.... but I do avoid an excess of direct sun. Just in case I live a long time... I'd like to keep my sight.

I wear the kit.... as part of the recreational cycling fun. Sunglasses and clipped in shoes included. However... the legs remain hairy and I keep a bike with toe clips too.
-- my sight has been mostly gone since I was about 10. I've been just on the good side of legally blind most of my life.

-- I'm part alien ... at least that's what my father who is all, or mostly, alien claims. (yes ... joking ... we think ...)

-- in thinking about it, I have spent several years using glasses with transition lenses, so they've got some sun protection. I am awaiting another pair right now which should be ready sometime this week. And I wear a helmet. For a lot of years, it was a helmet with a visor which shaded my eyes. I don't think my current helmet has a visor, but how often do I get to ride in sunshine ... maybe once a week?