Old 10-19-15, 05:41 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7665 Post(s)
Liked 3,525 Times in 1,857 Posts
To start with I would be the only employee and I would take my wages from the 1/3 markup--that is standard business practice, as far as I know (taking employee wages out of profit.) My actual "earnings" would be cash flow and my own business.

If it worked, I would have to restructure some to hire employees and also probably to find more space (garage is only so big) but I also assume I would get a greater discount on parts with greater volume.

if I was really serious I would have to write up a business plan, assume I would be hiring and assume I would be renting commercial space, and seek investors based on that. I was thinking more small-scale.

I would have to hire a lawyer to write up the warranty agreement--the frame might be warrantied but I doubt the components would be, not sure (haven't done the research.) In any case I would need a stock of replacement parts for warranty claims which I thought were legitimate--part of the cost of doing business. Good customer service is key.

No cash for it right now anyway, as I am looking at another venture which would be a lot less fun but would include a partner which makes everything a little easier.

Just looking for a way to make money dealing with bicycles in some capacity because it is fun compared to most of the stuff I do/have done to earn a living--and I'd meet more cyclists, which is potentially not a bad thing.

But not today ... today I will look into that guy LaMere and see how he is doing it.