View Single Post
Old 10-21-15, 07:59 AM
Gallo

Bikes: 2019 KonaLibre- 2003 Litespeed Vortex -2016 Intense Spider Factory Build -2008 Wilier Mortorolio- Specialized Stumpjumper Hardtail converted to bafang 750 mid drive -1986 Paramount 2014 - --- Pivot Mach 429c

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by FrozenK
Comparable or better parts than the BH. If the €2,500 is for a new one, then the Barracuda is a much better deal. If the Barracuda is also used, depends on condition.
Agreed new is always preferred. The Cube is a different bike travel wise better suspension parts and more travel I kinda like the drive components of the BH better but think money is more wisely spent on suspension. Keep in mind the Cube does not have a dropper and an extra cost there. i think a dropper a must for MTB riding after purchasing one. Heck I want one for my road bike. Not sure what the BH owner means as Pike comes in 120 simply higher quality. Both wheel sets are kind of mystery. Single vs double as well. I prefer the double almost everybody is riding a single these days.

Sometimes it comes down to how it rides. The best deal is a bike you love.

I ride the Pivot 429c and rode more than 20 bikes was not planning on spending the money I did. Love the bike. If the BH is like the 429c (seems like sister companies with BH being way bigger) if the BH ride like my 429c stiff and climbs really well and a point and shoot goes where I tell it, shocks work well and suspension seems "bigger" than they are. I would lean toward the BH bike with the dropper and sweet drive train for less money. I think the suspension is not crap just not top of the line. Hell offer him 2k at this point.

look at this site as well mtbr.com

But if you ride the cube and it "feels" better to you I would go that route. Also an AM bike vs CC

Good luck

Last edited by Gallo; 10-21-15 at 08:00 AM. Reason: too much luck