Old 11-18-05, 07:31 PM
Serpico
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biker7
There is no absolute science relating sit bone spacing to saddle width, but I believe that saddle width is the single most important ingredient to choosing the right saddle. You can use the Specialized metric...but believe this is even flawed. Why? Because I bought a Specialized Alias at 143mm based upon their recommendation. My sit bone spacing is 113mm or so. I have also tested narrower versions of Brooks and I feel best supported by the 170mm B.17. Because each of our anatomies' is relatively unique, I think trial and error is really the best if not most cumbersome measure. It also comes down to your definition of what is comfortable. You may think your Brooks isn't as comfortable as you would like...until you try a more narrow carbon a$$hatchet and are reminded that the Brooks is the most comfortable saddle out there. Lastly...not to disparage the An-Atomica...but I am not a fan of cutting a slot in a Brooks saddle and rebadging it under a different name and claiming it to be an alternative if not better mousetrap. No thanks.
George
good point, even if you are ischi at a certain width--doesn't mean you necessarily distribute your weight in a way that can be measured

trial and error, trial and error