View Single Post
Old 10-21-15, 07:18 PM
sprince

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NYMXer
sprince, I do not know on what factual information you base your opinion on. Not all gel's are created equal and some might be high in sugar for calories, the better ones are not. They cost about $1 each and milk is less nutritional, not 10x's more. Also, milk will rot your teeth very quickly, that's why it isn't a good practice to let teething babies fall asleep with 100% milk in a bottle. What about lactic acid from the milk?
I am not saying milk does a body harm, I am saying your post is inaccurate and based on conjecture, not facts. Hey, we all have our opinions as we are entitled to but let's not post them as facts.
There are big differences between dextrose, fructose and lactose, lactose is a disaccharide and in much lower concentration than sugar levels found in typical gels (there is also a PH issue)...

Carbohydrates

Milk has 8 grams of protein per cup and a fair amount of potassium. If you just want pure carbs, oat starch is a much better choice.

Teething babies don't yet have fully developed tooth enamel, pretty much any sugar at any concentration will do that.

One dollar for one gel vs. cost of one cup of milk, it's not even close.

To be fair, there could be a gel product with no simple sugars, a reasonable amount of protein and still costs less per serving than milk. If you know of one, please share with those interested in gels.