View Single Post
Old 10-23-15, 02:13 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,579 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by BobG
Pictured is our '99 TransAm group. 6 women, 7 men, ages 18-70, one married couple, one on the road romance within the group, and nobody dropped out of the tour. I'm the second head from the left. I've been followng on line journals of recent ACA tours. Sounds like there have been a lot of winners since!

photo by Greg Siple-

While I know it's not him since he was on our Northern Tier trip, the older gentleman in the back center with the glasses looks like Stu Duff, who turned 77 during the tour. I thought I saw Stu in 2013 while riding the GAP, but I looked him up and found out he died a few years before that. He was a nice man. Emily emailed me in 2012. She now goes by her married name and lives in Oregon with her husband and child. It was crazy to hear from her since I had done Cycle Oregon earlier that year. Our rest day was in the town where she lives. Wish I had known before the ride. I made her a CD of photos from our trip and was going to mail it to her but my email account was disabled due to hacking and I lost all her contact information. Another small word story related to our trip is from VT. In 2010 I did ACA's Cycle Vermont. We spent one night at Sliver Lake State Park in VT. That was the place where Laruen and her husband brought us lasagna for dinner. You may recall that she dropped out of the trip in Davenport, IA, before you joined us. I still use the CHiP key chain Jerry gave to each of us on the last morning of the trip. It's sitting in front of me right now.