View Single Post
Old 10-24-15, 06:24 AM
BobG

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 82 Posts
You may also have to deal with a group member who dislikes you as leader. On my 2009 tour there was one participant who had taken the same TransAm tour the previous summer with a very small group of 6 or so with an attractive, young female leader. He was initially put off with our big group of mostly 50+ men and had a "been there, done that" attitude towards me the entire trip and even wrote a letter of complaint to the Tours Director about my performance. He was ex-military and didn't like my rather laid back, non-authoritarian style. The Tours Director held a meeting in Missoula during a layover day with the group, without me present, to discuss the "problem". The complainant did not attend. The group pretty much responded with "What's the problem?"

Indy- I had a chance to re-visit Silver Lake VT SP on one of the Cycle VT tours. I remember dragging your group quite a bit off route to stay there and also the detour across Bear Notch NH to stay in Glen NH for the layover. I got to re-visit that neat in-town "Pastures Campground" in Orford NH on my solo trip to VA a few years back. Still $10 sites for cyclists.