View Single Post
Old 10-25-15, 01:29 AM
smarkinson

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Ran over an eastern brown snake years ago (google it to learn how deadly they are). I thought it was a stick but the stick started moving and I was going too fast and too close to stop or swerve so I bunny hopped it. Not so easy as I had my left leg at the top of the pedal stroke because the snakes head was to the left and I wanted to keep my body parts as far from the head as I could. As I went over it I saw it try to strike but it was about a foot behind my leg at that time.

Lately I have seen a new type of bird around which is easily the stupidest breed of bird that I have ever seen. As I ride towards them they start running around aimlessly and usually end up running back and forth across my intended path. Absolutely no road sense and terrible self preservation skills.

I saw about 6 of them beside a main road once and they were running out into the traffic repeatedly and two of them were dead already. Finally they decided to fly away and they did this by flying back across the road that they had just crossed at a height of 5 feet at which point another bird got whacked by a car.