Thread: Cannondale R300
View Single Post
Old 10-25-15, 02:05 PM
crankythunder

Location: burrokratic republik of Michigan, cubicle LVW-2a20c

Bikes: Schwinn Paramount, Trek Y-33, Rans LWB recumbent, Vision SWB Recumbent, Fuji MTB, Schwinn Beach Cruiser with two stroke

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cannondale R300

Hello, newbie here!

I have a Cannondale R105 with Shimano 105 components, that I have been happily commuting (along with my Vision Recumbent) with for 15 years or so. Purchased it at a pawn shop for $150.00 when I moved to Lansing and when I purchased it, immediately checked with the PD to make sure it was not stolen.

At the time I did not know much about it, seamed like a good purchase, and been very happy with it ever since.

I have upgraded the front stem to a cushioned mountain bike stem, and installed a springer suspension seat post, which makes it a very comfortable ride. 700 x 28 tires, front aero bars, and a rear rack and panniers.

Since I do a lot of riding early in the morning, I have a dual headlight system and two rear flashers, the rear set up includes a big flasher incorporated in a cheap big box store saddle, along with a monster rear flasher designed as a battery operated magnet attachment for a fork lift. The latter rear flasher is about 4 inches by 6 inches. Personally, I would prefer not to get run over by a sleepy morning commuter although the streets are pretty empty cause I get to work early. The dual headlights and taillight system is to accommodate battery dying such that I can replace the batteries when I get to work or when I get home.

Anyways, what can you tell me about the bike? worth upgrading? Value?

Appreciate it.

Cranky