Old 10-25-15, 05:07 PM
rsilvers

Bikes: Giant Trance X 0 29er, LaPierre Aircode Dura Ace Di2, Merlin Titanium Mountain XTR, Vitus 979 Mavic/Dura Ace, Lightspeed Titanium Solano Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Using the same tooling would not mean the same product if they used lower modulus CF or didn't orient the directions correctly. But on the other hand, I think there is a significant chance it would be just as good.

But if the odds are 25% that it would be just as good, and then why not just buy a one-year old Giant Propel for $1200 and be done with it?

I considered making a Chinese generic bike, but then I added up the cost and it was about $1800 in all. And then I saw small companies selling such bikes already build for $1300 slightly used 2015 models, and thought it would be better to just buy one already assembled from them. And then I realized I could just buy a Fuji all-carbon bike for $1500 new on sale with Ultegra at the local bike shop. And then I realized I could buy a Giant Propel-A2 new for $1900. And then I realized I could just buy a dream bike used for a few months at 1/2 price. The more I looked at the options, buying a frame from China and building it made less and less sense.