View Single Post
Old 10-25-15, 07:46 PM
OnyxTiger
Bonafide N00bs

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Quick CX 4, 2014 Fuji Sportif 1.3C Disc, 2012 Fuji SST 2.0 Ultegra Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Completely forgot I posted this thread lol. Good to see I'm not the only one with a story on this pedal circus fiasco.

I enjoyed reading all your stories and varied opinions on whether to clip in or not.

Personally, though... I have to say... it's been really fun riding with this system. Climbing up moderate grades (1-3%) has been a game changer for me. I'm currently 270 and if you can imagine stomping uphill for 2 miles with only a downstroke at your disposal like I did before with platforms, I can assure you it wasn't fun.

Clipless allowed me to utilize the upstroke in tandem with down, and forward stroke in tandem with back, in a way that eases the strain, NOTICEABLY.

Sprinting out of the saddle is great. Even did some upshifts out of the saddle (hold the opinions here) with confidence. And in the end, that's what it's about. To not have to worry whether your sneakers are going to slip off your platform while doing 15-20mph is just plain worth it.

To me. At least.