View Single Post
Old 10-26-15, 05:59 AM
growlerdinky
Duke Ulysses

Bikes: An old orange one for dirt, and for the other stuff: a white one, a kinda mint green one, and a black one.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked 175 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by OnyxTiger
So, just got some clipless kicks. Got the pedals put on. Using some Looks.

Rode around a fair bit and tried getting off while riding into my garage the first time. Success.

Decided it isn't as tough as people make it out to be. Second time, I go into the garage... unclip the left leg... and somehow end up smashing onto the right side. (Oh no's!!! Not the drive side!!!)

I get up, dust off my bruised ego. Right lever is now bent over to the left, as is the handlebar. I bend it back to as straight as possible.

AM I ON MY WAY TO BECOMING A ROADIE NOW?!?

I fell into a Juniper bush at 9am on a Monday morning at a crowded intersection in front of a Bank of America when I forgot to unclip (well, I forgot to un-"clips and straps") one time. I rolled to a stop on a sidewalk (Hey, I was 14. I rode on the sidewalk. It was 1986. Things were different.) and just didn't pull my foot out. I teetered, and opted to fall into a bush. I knew that a lot of people saw me fall, so I decided that I was just going to lay in the bush until the light turned green, and they all drove away. Then I realized that a bunch of people would just see a kid in spandex, motionless, laying in a bush while attached to a Schwinn.

I just got up and rode away. I still have the Schwinn.

Well, I have the frame, at least.

Last edited by growlerdinky; 10-26-15 at 11:41 AM. Reason: 1986