View Single Post
Old 10-26-15, 08:35 PM
SlvrDragon50

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Windsor Knight or $800 suggestions?

Just getting final input from you experts here.

I'm quite sure I'm going to put in a preorder for the Windsor Knight from BD because all the Ultegra components for $800 seems like an absolutely insane deal. With winter and snow coming around soon, the wait doesn't bother me since I won't be using my bike in about a month anyways.

Here is the Windsor Knight: Save Up to 60% Off Ultegra Road Bikes Shimano Ultegra Road Bikes - Windsor Knight

I already own a Trek FX 7.1, but my dad is getting into biking for exercise so I will be mailing that bike to him and getting a road bike.

Honestly, the Windsor is complete overkill for my commuting, but I don't mind paying like 200 more to upgrade from Sora/Tiagra components to Ultegra components. I will be going to my LBS tomorrow to see if they have any closeout deals for the same price, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I live in a tiny town so stock is limited.

tl;dr: 90% sure getting Windsor Knight. Any other final suggestions I might be overlooking for $800? Can cough up maybe $200 for a total of 1k, but it's really gotta be worth it.