View Single Post
Old 10-27-15, 11:43 PM
B. Carfree

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by rossiny
Never thought of it that way...but considering how much in debt america is maybe we did blow our fortune in cars...both as a country and individually. Amaing how many people drive those big four door pick up trucks that dont need them for work nor are they designed as a work truck. My prediction is that only when we are forced to change will we change. In the mean time cars and oil drive the economy and our jobs and it will continue to go that way. When some huge catAlyst occurs then and only then will any shift pertaining to a differdnt mode of transit....
When I go to the local dump (actually a transfer station) with my recycling and rubbish on a large bike trailer (sometimes two if my spouse can come with me), I get a chuckle out of the super-large four-door pick-ups that have empty beds and put their small loads into a trailer. It's as though they can't abide the thought of putting something in the bed of the truck for fear it would damage it. (I usually haul more material on my bike than 90% of the motorists who go there, which also gives me a dark chuckle.)