View Single Post
Old 10-29-15, 12:23 PM
joeyduck

Bikes: 1997 Kona Hahana Race Light, 2010 Surly LHT(deceased), 1999 Rocky Mountain Turbo

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It is awesome to bike out here since there is no traffic planning, no good drivers, and many bridges which all cause huge driving headaches. I got a former coworker to start riding, he lived near my sons daycare and one day we kept playing leapfrog, me biking him driving. He got home after I got to my son and he realized maybe it isn't longer to drive and I can drive. Yeah a convert!

Once I got used to the rain I only had ice as an excuse.

I used to give up riding in mid-late November and resumed early-mid February. I felt it was too long of a commute on busy roads, with distracted drivers, darkness, glare, rain, infrequent ice or snow. It was a good decision on the advice of my wife.

Then when we moved closer and I started working again I ended up getting studded tires and went for nearly a year straight only driving probably a dozen times. I really miss riding this time of the year though; maybe it is the sadist in me but there has always been something peaceful and serene hiking or biking alone in the rain.