View Single Post
Old 10-29-15, 03:55 PM
sprocketss

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tarwheel
Definitely check out the traillink.com website, which is operated by the national Rails to Trails group. That is the best source of information on long bike trails.

BTW, are you familiar with the weather in the South? It can be pretty durn cold just about anywhere in the South in February, with the exception of central and south Florida. It all depends on the timing and duration of cold fronts, and temperatures can cycle between being very mild to surprisingly cold. My birthday is in mid-January and we often take trips around the South during that time, and more often than not we seem to encounter very cold temperatures, snow and ice. Once we drove down to central Florida and camped out around Crystal Springs during the coldest weather in decades, with morning lows in the mid-teens. Another time we got caught in an ice-snow storm driving back from Savannah, GA.
Yes, I have my eye on the cold, I definitely don't want to go from the COLDER to the cold. Considering how the winter could shape up, I may stick to my original plan and stay around Florida.