Old 10-30-15, 07:23 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18379 Post(s)
Liked 4,512 Times in 3,354 Posts
Originally Posted by atbman
Valid, how, exactly? Is there a Canadian requirement to "hug the shoulder"? If not, the point is utterly invalid, considering that, according to the reports, the drunk driver was on the wrong side of the road.
If I see a car coming towards me... I won't hold a line straight in front of it. And I naturally pull right, whether a car is coming towards me from the front or rear.

It is not uncommon to have a car passing another car wholly in my lane coming towards me. Perhaps if I was in the middle of the lane, they wouldn't do it as frequently, but I'm not going to play chicken with a speeding car.

Details of the accident reconstruction would be interesting. Where were the cyclists? Where was the car? Uphill? Downhill? Curves? Sounds? Etc. And, yes, closing speeds of two fast moving vehicles going in opposite directions can be fast and reaction times can be short.

One can blame the car driver all one wants... but as a cyclist, when you're on the road, you also have to take charge of your own life.