View Single Post
Old 10-31-15, 08:41 AM
mm718

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
well, if you don't eat breakfast or do tea/coffee etc, then taking a shower after riding will free up time in the morning, so it really just comes down to having your clothes ready to put on for riding and everything else pretty much packed, and then of course putting away the sleeping bag, campmat and tent.

certainly sounds like you could make it pretty quick, especially if you have no interest in lingering.
Don't spread all your stuff out in the tent, take a shower the night before and the tent etc packing routine will get faster the more times you do it.

if you don't eat breakfast, when do you eat and where? Only at lunch? snacks along the way that you already have with you?
I do eat a little something that doesn't require prep in the mornings. Usually a granola bar, nuts, trail mix, or if there is something left over from the night before like a half a sandwich. I just meant I don't cook breakfast or make a ritual out of it. It's more like a morning snack. After that I'll snack every hour or so and then have a medium sized lunch that will provide fuel but not make me lethargic. I continue to snack every hour or so on the bike after lunch. I tend to have huge dinners deli sandwiches or something I cook.