Old 10-31-15, 12:02 PM
chefisaac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by anoori9000
I do not live in a bad area nor do i go to anywhere were there is one. Wherever I am parking my bike will be where lots and lots of other bikes are, and i almost guarantee someone will have a nicer bike than mine as well. I have been paying attention to the types of bikes and locks other people have. Almost al of them have those cable locks, ive only counted 3 u locks.

If I was a criminal, I would shoot for a bike with one of the cable locks and not bother with a u lock. I think something as simple as this https://jet.com/product/OnGuard-Bull...4cb34c2b229942 will deter thieves when other bikes are an easier target.

No no one is hostile here really. Just giving you our experiences.

It would be helpful to let people know you don't live in a populated area, etc.

one we thing to know is that a lock is weak at any "seams" and in this case, there is a seam between each digit dial. Just has been my experience. A key lock is better.

Once i I had my lock freeze on me. Got a key lock the next day. I have two keys on me at all times. One in my panniers, one on my key chain, two at my house and one my fiancée has. Some brands give you ample keys.