Old 11-02-15, 07:26 AM
WonderMonkey

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by lizcatd
The idea of "adjustments" vs full on change makes total sense and I have noticed that when I just alter things a little bit I'm far more likely to do the thing I need to do consistently.

It also helps that I've calculated the exact cross street where I finally feel warm. It takes me a good 5-7 minutes to adjust, especially because I dress to start off a bit cold so as not to sweat. So I keep telling myself just get to "insert intersection here" and it never fails, I'm always warmed up and feeling better by the time I get there.

Breaking your ride up into smaller chunks with smaller achievements (as I was wisely advised by GCN at some point) is almost as significant as making the ride itself a habit.

Good luck! You can do it!
Thanks! It's a commute I have done here and there over the years so I know the routes and the markers and such. There are even some very clear spots that I could drive part way if I wanted and ride from there. I rode into work this morning (toes got cold) and it took 1h 21m from door to door. I may have to chop that down to an hour just so I don't get tired of it.