Steely Dan
born again cyclist

Bikes: I have five of brikes

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by tjspiel
There are some days when I get my bike out and think, "What an awesome morning". While I wouldn't go so far as to say that can happen at any temperature, it can really be any time of year. There is so much more than temp that influences that.
of course.

the point of this thread is not "what temperature is the only temperature that you like bike commuting in?", it's about what your personal thermal ideal is. i can enjoy a ride on a frozen january morning, or a steamy july afternoon too, but i would not describe either of those as my thermal ideal because the frozen january morning requires me to suit up like an astronaut going on an EVA (which is annoying), and the the steamy july afternoon means i turn into sweat-zilla (which is also annoying).

53 is my ideal because i can ride comfortably in my most favorite and easy riding attire (shorts and t-shirt) while also not having to deal with my body's ridiculous propensity to sweat like an open fire hydrant at the slightest hint or indication that i might be getting a tiny bit warm. it's not that other temperatures are bad or intolerable or incapable of being enjoyed for what they are, 53 is simply the temperature where every thing is the easiest and most convenient for me to ride my bike to work.

what is the temperature where you don't have to consider a single thing regarding the temperature?

Last edited by Steely Dan; 11-02-15 at 03:57 PM.