View Single Post
Old 11-03-15, 07:47 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3147 Post(s)
Liked 1,712 Times in 1,034 Posts
Originally Posted by BlazingPedals
For much below 30F, I prefer lobster gloves over 5-fingered ones. Lobsters are warmer. Mittens are even warmer, but of course you give up any thought of dexterity.
I was thinking to say the same, that insulated lobster are the way to go when below freezing. PerformanceBike has a house brand pair that are inexpensive, but keep my oft-cold fingers warm. So yeah, OP, I'd suggest restacking the array to have lobsters be your coldest ride option, and fingered gloves, in various styles, for everything else.

Something else you may consider, which would obviate the need for so many gloves while providing top-notch warmth, are bar covers like MooseMitts. Check this link for a review of producers and styles: Bar Mitts, Moose Mitts and Bike Poagies | All Seasons Cyclist

Also, if you haven't dipped into the Winter Cycling forum here, you may find some insights there.