PennyTheDog
Fork and spoon operator

Bikes: 2013 Surly Crosscheck, 1990 Schwinn Impact, 1973 Schwinn Continental

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
What does your SO ride?

I saw a post by noglider talking about riding with his wife, and it made me wonder what all the better halves ride. My wife really likes biking-- I actually got into it mainly through her-- but what appeals to her in a bike is quite different from what appeals to me! Do your SOs like vintage bikes (or tolerate them because you like them!)?

My wife Amy has three bikes, but I only have pictures of the two I like the most. The first is the bike she rides most often: a Yuba Boda Boda cargo bike. It's aluminum, so its surprisingly light. I like this picture, by the way, because it looks like our sleeping kid is trying to get super aero.

The next one is my favorite, but the one she rides the least: it's a 1993 Trek Multitrack 730. It's not the greatest bike, but it's the first bike she ever bought for herself as an adult. It had become unusable, so last year I replaced a lot of stuff and fixed it all up. The nostalgia of getting her first bike back seems lost on her somewhat! That's ok, I'm nostalgic enough for both of us.

Her third bike is an aluminum Trek 7.3 fx.

Anyone else willing to post the OTHER bikes in your household?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
amy_yuba.jpg (101.3 KB, 304 views)
File Type: jpg
amy_trek.jpg (102.7 KB, 302 views)