Old 11-03-15, 06:17 PM
bwilli88 
Not lost wanderer.

Bikes: In USA; 73 Raleigh Super Course dingle speed, 72 Raleigh Gran Sport SS, 72 Geoffry Butler, 81 Centurion Pro-Tour, 74 Gugie Grandier Sportier

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 1,009 Times in 530 Posts
Stopped by the local Co-op, a Supercourse was Laying on the lawn...

I have been spending way too much time working on fixing my house here in Lancaster, PA so we can sell it. My wife went off to a meeting and I had finally finished the daily job list early enough to ride down to the local Co-op. I rode up and spied a Raleigh Froggy green bike laying out front, I was thinking they were cleaning up the place and moved an old Raleigh Grand Prix that came in a few weeks back with a bent chain stay. As I came closer I saw the script writing on the top tube and it was different from a Grand Prix. I stepped into the shop and the one owner stepped out to greet me. I asked him about the Supercourse. He said it just came in that afternoon and had a crappy headset and stuck pedals, long story short I asked him what he wanted for it, he said it's yours, I said how much and his answer was take it and you will have my eternal gratitude.
here it is as found

So What Shall I do with it...?
Strip to bare metal and repaint, if I do, Red is the top color, ????
Wire brush and touch up
Chrome the whole dang thing

After repaint...
Single Speed/Fix it?
3 speed with Town bars?
Modernize it?

Front lugs

Seat cluster

Seat tube with a residue of 531 decal

Head tube

Bars

Stem and shifters

Crappy front brake probably replaced by the local bike butcher

chrome fork

Chainrings and crank

Last edited by bwilli88; 11-03-15 at 06:50 PM.