View Single Post
Old 11-03-15, 08:43 PM
the_freewheeler
The Freewheeler

Bikes: '37 Iver Johnson Racer, '44 BSA Airborne, '45 Swiss Militarvelo, '92 Fat City Slim Chance, '97 Pinarello Monviso, '03 Giant TCR Composite, '12 Bianchi Super Pista, '15 Humble CX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by JohnDThompson View Post
??? Why would you have to do that? The additional clearance offers you safety in preventing debris pick-up from jamming your front wheel.
That was sarcasm. Just drawing attention to the fact that max tire size doesn't match front to rear.

Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart View Post
What about the extra front tire clearance won't work for you? I don't think the frame's performance will be changed with less or more clearance. Is the fork a crowned design or carbon or unicrowned? If a crown is used then the choices available that fit the minimum specs might not be many. Andy.
Aesthetically it doesn't work for me, and the fact that I requested a frame built to a max tire dimension and that was not delivered. (Side note: he did ask me what the max tire size was to be; I didn't make a special request) Sorry, but I can't answer to your other questions specific to the crown.