Old 11-04-15, 01:17 PM
cwar

Bikes: BH RC1, Bianchi Volpe, Orbea Avant

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MissyR
Ah that makes so much sense. How did you secure the front fender and rear to the frame as I cant get the screws to go more than half way in. Orbea are not making fitting the guards easy thats for sure ha ha. Thank you so much for you help its appreciated.
Orbea really didn't make it very easy. They designed the fender mounts so they would be hidden if not used, but that design makes them tricky to use. It took me a while to figure out how to mount them. I actually exchanged a number of emails with Orbea and they were fairly helpful and very responsive.

Here are pictures of the fenders where they are mounted to the frame. I am not sure why the orientation of the pictures is incorrect when I upload them, sorry about that.

Is this what you wanted to see? Please note, the front fender is not installed as one would normally install the fender. I have it mounted behind the fork rather than in front. I had to do this so there was enough clearance between the tire and fender. I didn't have this problem with my SKS Chromoplastics or my Portland Design Works, but I had to do it this way with the SKS Bluemels.

Please, don't mind the dirty bike. I took the long way to work today and the bike is now filthy.

Also, I don't remember what size the hex bolts are. Hopefully, you have the right size. If they are not going in easily they may be too big so be careful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1742.jpg (94.5 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_1743.jpg (94.6 KB, 89 views)