Old 11-05-15, 02:47 PM
scorpsjl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IAmSam
I had a green PB myself - was a really nice bike. But its been so long since they were made and didn't sell that outside of the few small sizes Bikedirect/Island has - all the closeout NOS dragon paintjob bikes have got to be gone by now. As a sidenote, has anybody else had one of those in their hands? The pattern may be fugly but the actual finish was really fantastic. Smooth and hard, with a hint of sparkle - if SE had just done it paneled or something else simple...they would have had a winner instead of having to hoor the damn things out to every bike discounter in the world

Anyways...the lugged Wabi is exponentially superior to and only about $300 more than that new State bike everybody has been nattering about lately. If you plan to keep your new bike awhile and can round up the cash - this may be the time to go for it. Strangely, while a few years ago there was a dearth of cheap lugged tarck bikes/frames around, that seems to have changed so that for the most part only the more expensive ones are available nowadays.

Or if you must absolutely stay low-priced and can stand the risk - you can probably find something on Alibaba

Lastly.. @johnalton87 - you just posted your very nice lugged-frame bike in "Post Your SS/FG Bikes." I think I know what your frame is and if I'm right it's been mentioned more than once in this very discussion, but I am not sure and don't have the stones to go out on a limb. Why don't you let the OP know what it is?

Good luck...
Thanks for the detailed reply. I actually found some "good looking" things on alibaba through google, but the prices seem so low that those particular bikes must have been a scam, or something. Anyway I have no info about that, do you know of any source of info regarding what is and isn't legit on alibaba? I had a hard time finding any detailed discussions on this or other forums (what I did find was not reassuring...)