View Single Post
Old 11-05-15, 03:24 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18398 Post(s)
Liked 4,522 Times in 3,360 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
I do know that we need to cooperate, on bike, in car, on foot... we are all going somewhere. It has taken a lot of effort on my part to stop reacting to the dangerous drivers that threaten my life for no apparent reason (I'm not 100% successful). However, the drivers with rage about bikes running red lights, for example, have never had their life and limb at risk 'cause of that dangerous biker. It is VERY disproportionate on the road.

Just as a brief example of why I don't always "make extra" room for the guy in a car... I knew a car was behind me, I moved to my right to allow the white SUV to pass easily. Then seeing the on-coming car, I start move back to the left (there isn't enough room for a bike plus two cars). However the jackhole in the Dakota didn't care about me getting home to my wife in one piece. He was in too big of a rush to care, and I wasn't important enough.

* this is recorded with a camera mounted to my wrist, I waved my hand, with the camera after the pass... I did not fall:

So when we talk about the "war on cars" we need to remember the people with the tanks are telling the unarmed people it's a 'war'.
Move over a bit to the right and chill out. Did you actually intentionally swerve left when the pickup was trying to pass?

Speed wasn't bad.
You weren't hit.
You probably couldn't have reached out and touched the vehicle.

Last edited by CliffordK; 11-05-15 at 03:28 PM.