Old 11-05-15, 05:25 PM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulRivers
The best non-blinking tail light in my opinion is the Toplight Line Plus, which puts about a straight bar across the back of your rack. I've seen them while in my car, nearly as eye catching as a blinking light, and stands out as a bike and not a car.

Not sure about the lightskin light - in my limited personal experience a horizontal bar is eye catching more than a vertical bar. Not sure why, or if it's just me.

Lightskin light you linked to:
Agreed. It does look a bit more aero though. For those who care about that.
Hence my comment about a 5 inch bar. The horizontal bit is why you often see them on racks in Holland.
But most North-American cyclists ride without a rack and there a horizontal light would only be very sensitive to damage.

The B+M Toplight Line plus works really well as a rear light and especially their model with the brake light function is intriguing.

Though I would say the Philips saferide gives it a good run for the money and looks better as well:

Fact is that rear lights are especially important for when there are other people nearby and that are either to your side or coming onto you.