View Single Post
Old 11-06-15, 03:10 PM
leob1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by dmanthree
I'm thinking of doing this ride next May, and I'm seeking opinions from anyone who's made the ride. Is it worth it? If so, can you suggest accommodations? Anything to make the ride or logistics easier?

TIA
It's worth it to do at least once. It's the only time you get to ride in NYC car\truck\bus traffic free. But there will be lots of bike traffic. Lots.
I live in NJ so I'm a local, can’t help with accommodations, but plan on spending at least two days, three would be better. You won't want to drive home after the ride.
Make the ride or logistics easier? That's a long list, but IMHO, patience and compassion will be your best friends. If you’re easily upset by thing, lines, slower riders, faster riders being pushy, this isn't the ride for you. If you can just relax, take it as it comes and enjoy where you are and who you’re with, you'll do fine. It's NOT a physically demanding ride, the rest areas are fabulous. Over all Bike NY does a really good job. The VZ Bridge at the end is a blast, I love it. It just keeps going up, one of my favorite hills.
One of the things we like to do is stop at one of the bars on Staten Island before going back to Manhattan and home.
Enjoy the Ride!