Old 11-07-15, 05:31 AM
migrantwing

Bikes: '07 Carrera TDF / 2011 Ghost Race Actinum 5000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildrat
Yep, just got back from another 22 mile ride, legs were a bit sore starting out. The extra spacers helped with the neck. I was just having to bend it back too far to see down the road. I adjusted the ISM seat a little forward also, it is feeling better. It's definitely an improvement over a standard seat. There is virtually no pressure on the man bits. I think I am going to go ahead and install the star nut and lock it down, also wrap the bars so there is a bit of padding instead of metal. I don't think I will ever be the cyclist I was when I was in my 20 and 30's but I am enjoying the ride for the most part, especially the part where I stop and get a small coffee and doughnut. LOL
Did your girlfriends presents show up?
Oh, I used to like going to Sainsbury's, but I think it was only a grocery store back then. I sure miss some of the food over there!
Sounds like you're almost there with your position/comfort. A few more tweaks here and there over the next few rides and you'll be close to perfect (I say close to as I don't think there is such thing as the perfect fit. I'm forever tweaking stuff every few months.

You saying that you're never going to be the cyclist you were in your 20's and 30's...I'm 39, 40 in January and I'm nowhere as fit as I was 10 years ago, but crazily I have more endurance in me than I did then on a bike and can go a lot further. I'm pretty fast, too, so I think it's just a placebo effect with the age I'll happily do 25-30 miles on a ride, sometimes 50 miles. I want to get up to do 100 miles. It's hard to get motivated with the weather were having here at the moment, though. Heavy rain! I don't mind once I'm on the bike, as we both mentioned in an earlier post, it's just the getting out there when the weather sucks before you've even started.

LOL! I daren't hit a coffee stop. These days it takes so much motivation to continue after a sit down and a coffee. LOL!

Sainsbury's, among most other places here are like Walmart. They sell everything and anything nowadays.

Yes, thanks. The parcel turned up. It came from Holland, I thought it was coming from the UK, hence the few days it took to get here.

Last edited by migrantwing; 11-07-15 at 06:04 AM.