Old 11-07-15, 09:33 AM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by blakcloud
If you haven't seen this yet, go to this website as they traveled on Bromptons and have a lot of great tips and videos.

Not quite sure why the need for the lightest parts on a Brompton that will be loaded with 20+ kilos of gear. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Not sure why you would choose +8% gearing with a loaded bike. I personally would have went with -12%, the hills are going to hurt.

S handlebar for touring and at your height? I would think the P bar would have been better or the H bar for the added height.

You are choosing a saddle based on weight, forgetting your butt will be on it for hours upon hours. There is a reason people choose Brooks.

I don't understand any of your logic but then again I don't have ride your bike and you must have thought this out.

Good luck.
+1

I like the way the PathLessPeddle folks attached a full size bag to the rack that carries almost all the weight. They started by using a saddle bag but someone must have told them this would put too much strain on the seat post and crack the frame. Using Russ's method, there's no need to carry a back pack at all. A much better solution.

https://youtu.be/4c76T3g5wwY