Old 11-07-15, 02:57 PM
worldbicyclist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Interceptor: That's super helpfup. I actually got free pick from the guys over at NOV design, they are among my sponsors. They did recommend me NOT to take their ti rear hinge due to weight reasons.

I'm using a normal steel Brompton because they are currently only producing the special Black Edition and I would have to wait forever for the TI version. I might be able to get these two parts (end part of the frame and fork) send to me once I'm on the road.

It's really good to know that Shimano Dura Ace fits. I had a hard time figuring out if that would work or not, thanks to your post it's looking good. The Brompfication Ti seat post I'd have to pay myself, sponsoring is impossible because that would clash with the NOV design sponsoring. I wrote them a couple of days ago about delivery times to Germany but have heard nothing back. :/ I'd take their seat post and maxxis tubes for another ~300gr of savings, but first Brompfication would have to tell me how long deliver takes ^^

Two questions for you: Do you know any other place to get the Maxxis tubes from? And why did you decide to use a "
Birdy green suspension block", which I assume is from the B&M Birdy folding bike. I have the metal block from NOV design here, waiting to be installed.

Edit: About your second post: I try not to spend too much money on it, I just happen to have multiple companies that supply me with free gear, among them Brompton and NOV design themselves. As much as I like reduced weight on rotating parts, I kinda want to hold on to the Marathon Plus, because I tour in strange countries and can't get replacement tires in 16" easily; and the obvious puncture resistance.

chagzuki: Which headset do you use and do you by any chance know how much the original Brompton headset weights? And what is a SA gear cable? Sturmy Archer? This thing? http://www.sheldonbrown.com/images/indicatorspindle.jpg Sorry if the question is stupid, but I don't actually have the Brompton here yet, it's going to be delivered next week.

Last edited by worldbicyclist; 11-07-15 at 03:00 PM.