Old 11-07-15, 04:37 PM
worldbicyclist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been touring almost full time for the last 8 years, I have a fair idea of what I need/like. Always strange when people try to recommend Brooks saddles to me. ^^

Time till I leave is 3 weeks. Any delivery that takes longer I'd have to either get send to me on road or send to my girlfriend in Germany who will visit me in Dubai for New Years. Which means that I can get anything locally, anything from German retailers and the EU, but ordering outside of the EU would probably take too much time.

I should have gotten the bike a bit earlier, but they got delayed. :/

Frankenstein a carbon seat post into a titanium seat post? Considering that I already have the extended height PLUS the weight of the saddle bag, that might be a bit risky. Mostly because I haven't build something like this, I'd hate to make a mistake that I couldn't correct once I start touring.

The brompton handlbars are surprisingly lightweight with 134gr (as far as I could find out online). I can get 30gr or so there by using carbon. The titanium handlbar by Brompfiction is actually 10gr heavier than the standard alu one.