Old 11-08-15, 10:36 AM
T Stew

Bikes: All 80s Schwinns: 88Prologue, 88Circuit, 88Ontare, 88KOM, 86SS, 88Tempo, 88V'ger, 80V'ger, 88LeTour, 82LTLuxeMixte, 87 Cimarron, 86H.Sierra, 92Paramount9c

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by CafeVelo
Was going to wait till I've finished the bike completely but I've been riding it and couldn't wait. Got this frame with cranks, brakes and levers (levers damaged hard in a crash) for $30, no other components or wheels, it was clearly made into a fixed gear (cranks had a single speed chainring on them and it was covered in stickers) and crashed hard. Traded parts with a friend and ended up with headset and threadless carbon fork for another $30. I had all the other parts in my bin so I'm not really that deep in the bike, but it's my favorite now. Weight feels about 20lb, will go lower with tweaking.

Nice Super Sport! Actually I have a red & black SS being shipped to my house as we speak (supposedly in pristine condition)! It was a bit pricier than yours. It may even change my plans... I planned on picking 2 bikes to do a retro upgrade this winter, one for a good all around road setup and the other for road/tri. My Prologue was going to be the tri upgrade, and all the new components would be black (it is a red & white frame). But now I am wondering if I should instead do the SS since it is red & black. I've got just about everything ready in black... crankset (and chainring), quill stem, seatpost, tt bar and levers, etc. Still need some good black brakes and I don't even know if there is a high quality black headset available. Just not sure if the SS or the Prologue would better fit with black components, or from another perspective which one to leave all original (the Prologue does need a new rim at the minimum). The road build on the Tempo (metal flake blue and white) I'll keep all the components polished and purposely remove black in exchange for white where possible (hoods, cables).