View Single Post
Old 11-08-15, 08:50 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7666 Post(s)
Liked 3,529 Times in 1,857 Posts
Originally Posted by ieshera
Usually between classes, traffic on the road is at a straight standstill because everyone is in the crosswalk. Riding on the sidewalk is a nightmare and 10x more dangerous for both cyclist and pedestrians. We usually bike between stationary vehicles or bike on the opposite side of the road when it's empty and move onto the yellow lines if someone is coming.
Riding in the wrong lane going the wrong way on A Public Road ... yeah, I cannot see why anyone would object to such an obviously safe maneuver.

I have ridden in traffic for decades and I understand lane-splitting, especially at stoplights. I know in some places it is legal, to lessen congestion. I do it rarely nowadays because it can be risky, but if a line of cars is totally stopped, I might creep past. otherwise i wait my turn--I play by the rules because it is the only way I can expect anyone else to (and my only defense when they don't.)

But dude ... riding the wrong way, head-on into traffic on the wrong side of the road? I'd do a citizen's arrest if i saw that. That's just beyond stupid. If traffic comes head-on,. you are trying to straddle a yellow line with cars passing in opposite directions on both sides---What could Possibly go wrong?

If that's what you were doing when you got stopped ... good for the cop.

As for not having your DL#, if she has your name she has every bit of info about you, going back to the hospital where you were born and your grandmothers' maiden names.

Not sure what era you live in on your "big University campus" but here in the workaday world they've developed this device called "The Computer" and "computers" link together in this network called "The Internet" wherein all information is readily available, especially to government officials.

Please. don't mess with LEOs. Learn the laws, learn your rights, and if you aren't going to fight, just wise up and comply with the law.

And PLEASE, don't ride like a complete idiot. You are a member of the cycling community--have some respect for the rest of us and don't represent us as clowns, please.

You want to die, drink yourself to death at a frat initiation. Don't do it on a bike on the road ... and don't ride like an idiot. Please.