Old 11-09-15, 12:51 PM
tjspiel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 1983
It takes all of 5 seconds to slip booties on, and 10 to take them off. I'm just not seeing the pain-in-the-ass part. I conflated inconvenience with difficulty via sarcasm.

I'm on the same pair of Louis Garneau booties which I began using last winter, and that was with me stretching them out over a pair of Pearl Izumi X-Fuels. Got a couple of runs in the neoprene from stretching but that's about it. They are not made to walk on more than a few steps (obviously).

To each his own.
If they're working well for you and you have no need to walk more than a few steps in them, then by all means keep using them. My first pair were similar to yours, -might have even been Louis Garneau's though I have no idea what model. They kept my feet warm enough but weren't really waterproof and wore out quickly.

If Performance hadn't changed their design I'd likely still be using booties, but like I said, I've since switched to regular hiking boots. I wouldn't call them perfect either. They're clunkier than I'd like. I seriously considered getting a pair of 45Nrth's cycling boots last year since they were designed by cyclists who live in this climate, but you could buy a lot of booties for what it costs to get a pair of those.