View Single Post
Old 11-09-15, 03:46 PM
joeyduck

Bikes: 1997 Kona Hahana Race Light, 2010 Surly LHT(deceased), 1999 Rocky Mountain Turbo

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@mgw4jc Thanks.

Today on the spin bike was even better though. I do not know if the spin bikes vary, but I was spinning at a higher rpm in a higher gear than on Thursday. It also may have been a result of more sleep. But regardless this morning I was spinning at 70-75 rpm for about ten minutes and went about 3.5 km. But my pulse at 6 minutes was about 160 and my legs were tired and felt like jelly right after getting off at 10 mintues.

My story of recovery was the featured story for the hospital's annual fundraising gala this weekend. They made a video and used it to solicit donations for a new OR in the hospital. I also got to stand up and say a few words in front of the 1,000+ people present; that was easier than teaching a class of tenth graders. Gala's aren't my typical thing but we had a nice time and met some nice people. Ultimately the night raised 3.3 million, well over their 2 million goal; thanks to one $1 million dollar donation from a wealthy family the hospital had helped.