View Single Post
Old 11-11-15, 09:28 AM
obed7

Bikes: Trek Domane 5.2, Ridley Xfire, Giant Propel, KHS AeroComp

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1648 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
well, this is going to be interesting as I suspected when I read your intro.
The rules do apply to all...and insults will not be tolerated by anyone no matter the post count.
I do expect that if folks read what you said about yourself in your intro that you will receive a lot of justified criticism. How you respond to that will be interesting. When your behavior is juvenile and irresponsible and people call you out on it, that is not an insult, it is a statement based on what you had to say about yourself...you did say that you do not obey traffic laws, that you consider them an unofficial suggestion...you did say you ride on the wrong side the road and weave in and out of traffic (around cars) and justified it by saying "when you have to", which is of course your opinion. If you draw fire for that, and they do so in a "respectful" manner, so be it. Whether it is a thick skin or sense of humor, your preference for use and terminology is acceptable, you will need to use one or the other and respond in like manner (respectful). Your post suggest that you ride in such a manner as to reflect poorly on the cycling community among the non-cyclists and then you criticize them for talking bad about you...a bit of hypocrisy IMO. Have fun and try not to be high maintenance.