Old 11-11-15, 12:00 PM
ddeand 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
Not everybody would agree with that. There are many winter cyclists here in the Twin Cities. Admittedly, the winter ride workout is commonly quite different from the dry road or indoor/spin experience.

Some winters I get out more than others. And I admit that in any given winter, there are days when I resort to the trainer in the basement.
Of course, there is a great winter contingency here in Minnesota. I live very close to the River Bottom trails, and every day sees a large number of riders out on their fatties - it's been a huge growth segment of the biking market here. This is one of my favorite biking sites here in the Twin Cities:

MN Bike Trail Navigator: Winter '14-'15 Minnesota Fatbike Events

But at my age and stage in the sport, I feel that the potential for damage overrides the lure of buying yet another bike (as well as the gear to go with it). And the number of people who ride and commute often during the winter is quite small compared to the non-snowy months - at least, that's what I've observed. I admire those with the desire and fortitude to get out a lot during the winter, but for me, I feel safest in a spin class during the snowy season.