View Single Post
Old 11-12-15, 12:46 PM
bikinglife

Bikes: OPUS Dual Sport 2.0 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
robbie_d, I am from Montreal and I respect you - sometimes, respecting laws that are made for motorists is not becoming of a cyclist.

For example, why would I kill my single speed momentum for a red light at 2 am when there is not a soul in sight?

In such a case, it is justifiable for me to burn that light. It is not justifiable for a car to do that, because he might kill another cyclist, or some pedestrian who isn't very visible.

Now, before I get criticized for being a hypocrite, let me make it clear that on a bicycle, one is much more aware of his surroundings, and can much more accurately gauge whether there is the presence of a motorized vehicle in his close surroundings. Something a person inside of a motor vehicle does not have the luxury of doing.

So, in many regards, I can relate to the way you cycle. We can consider ourselves lucky to live in a city like Montreal where such an important biking community exists (last I read, it is something like 50 000 everyday cyclists).

However, as far as pleasure to read, I agree with the mod that you type too much. I stopped reading after your first post.

Last edited by bikinglife; 11-12-15 at 12:54 PM.