View Single Post
Old 11-12-15, 01:33 PM
Ygduf
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bikes: aggressive agreement is what I ride.

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by scheibo
I like structured training, but I find I can only do so many weeks of it before it wears me down mentally (physically its fine). I just get stressed about being concerned about weight, over analyzing my numbers and workouts, worrying about results, etc. I want to go back to exploring and not caring for a while.

Intensity wise, I find I actually get a comparable amount when I'm doing unstructured riding because I still like going up hills hard etc. Its just that I need to transition my mental model to one where I don't get upset if I'm not executing everything to plan or PRing all the time.

Also, until I can 'stride' again I really have nothing else I like to do with my time, so I'll still be getting in plenty of pedalling hours.
you being concerned with your bodyweight is nothing but unproductive. you'd likely recover better and feel better a couple lbs fatter. Over time, the better recovery leads to stronger legs which makes the original 2lbs you gained meaningless. I stress about my fatness and weight more than anyone. Don't be like me in that regard. It's stupid.