Thread: Young C&Vers
View Single Post
Old 11-12-15, 10:32 PM
Dave Cutter

Bikes: '17 Access Old Turnpike Gravel bike, '14 Trek 1.1, '13 Cannondale CAAD 10, '98 CAD 2, R300

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1568 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by oddjob2 View Post
..... More than a few C&V enthusiasts turn a few bikes to support their acquisition addiction. You can probably start your motorcycle passion on an incremental basis the same way.
+1 When I bought my 1st old bike to refurbish as winter project... simply as a way to entertain myself (during the off season). Someone posted that I might be able to make a portion of my cycling hobby pay for itself... with well thought out fixing and reselling. Heck... it might have even been YOU.

There is a dollar or two to be made with very little effort. Actually if you enjoy the wrenching... it's all fun.

I don't do much (or many) bicycle restorations. And I don't mind taking my time, rounding up parts, and wrenching on cold or rainy days. I don't even mind loosing money... if I get enough enjoyment from the project. I generally keep, ride, and enjoy the bikes until the fickle wears off and then sell them. And yet... I can honestly say my bicycle addiction costs me nothing out-of-pocket even as my herd has grown nicely.

I have considered doing something similar with older motorcycles, English sports cars, small boats, or mini campers. All are trendy... at least at the moment.