Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by kbarch
Good point. I have just been imagining situations similar to when I would let a close acquaintance (not necessarily friend) ride my motorcycle. He had a motorcycle, too, and we each wanted to see what the other was like, or just "mix it up a bit," because our bikes were different. I even let a perfect stranger ride my motorcycle once. We were in a big parking lot just doing manoeuvering drills. But yeah, a colleague coming up out of the blue and asking to ride one of my bikes for fun? That would indeed be very rude.
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
I'll admit your point. I am pushing the conversation toward closer friends and relations. But as for colleagues and acquaintances I would still be proud that they asked and would be pleased to let them try out my bike. I'm not talking about lending it out for a couple of years.
The majority of my colleagues and acquaintances don't even know I have a bicycle. But if one of the ones to whom I might have mentioned in passing that I went for a ride on the weekend saw me in the kitchen making a cup of coffee, and said, "Hey listen, I'd like to borrow your bicycle this coming weekend" .... No. Just ... no.

Fortunately, they don't have the gall to do something like that.