View Single Post
Old 11-19-15, 04:31 AM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by loky1179
Personally, I don't care who posts what here. You can post all day long how you love cars, and how you hate the hippies that want to take your cars away, or maybe support raising the gas tax. OOOPs, I just got political. I hope this thread doesn't get moved!!
I think this attitude you describe is a big part of why people are trying to restrict what can be posted in LCF and it's wrong because it is a political attitude, only instead of vocalizing their negativity against LCF, they transform it into a will censor and eliminate discussion of motor-centrism within an otherwise LCF world.

What really frosts me, however, is that the car lovers are the ones screaming to the mods and getting threads moved. I read the most recent threads by Tandempower & Dahon Steve that got moved to P&R. It was ridiculous. I have never complained to a moderator. If I don't like a post, I DON'T HAVE TO READ IT!!!!
They're complaining because they want it censored for everyone, not because they don't want to read it.

As far as people not commenting on Bandera's bike pic, oh well. This is not a super active forum. By design, only a small slice of the forum members have any interest in the topic. Even fewer post. I posted a super cute picture of my kid on the Halloween thread. I also got zero responses to that post. Sure, I cried a little, but I got over it. I suggest other members also get over it.
I'm sorry if anyone doesn't feel personally welcomed in this forum. I tend to keep my posts on an intellectual level with emotional neutrality because I want to avoid emotional drama and bickering, but I have no problem appreciating someone's bike or family photos. I didn't see these pics, but if I would have and I noticed that the poster is looking for feedback, I'm happy to give it. I think people in this forum get too sensitive about things written and take it personally when there is no personal attack meant by anything said. If I say that automotivism is growing and it's making LCF harder, that isn't directed toward anyone, nor is it said with anger or hatred. It is a problem and I am mentioning with hope that consciousness will spread and efforts will be made to shift transportation growth in the direction of LCF, because it makes LCF easier the more people do it. I do think part of the cause of violence, terrorism, hate, war, etc. in the world has to do with the disconnect between personal choices and the bigger picture, but that doesn't mean I'm for any such negativity. It's just looking at cause and effect and saying so when people are ignoring the causes that lead to certain effects, like hot days leading to bigger storms.

My 2 cents. Wait, who am I kidding. That's my 4 cents. Because money isn't worth what it used to be, due to the shortsighted political decision to pave over our landscape for the almighty automobile. Oh, crap. There I go again, dragging politics into an otherwise lovely discussion >
I don't understand how that isn't worth mentioning in the context of LCF. Riding a bike or walking in a widely paved area without shade, filled with heat-emitting cars, is a deterrent for LCF. If we can talk about what kind of bike tires get more flats, why not which kind of roads/areas are hotter and less comfortable for LCF?