Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by digibud
Take a serious look at going tubeless. I got back from a road ride in Albuquerque with 4 thorns stuck in my tire and didn't even know it because my tubeless road tires worked perfectly. I also caught a staple in my tire going downhill at 45mph and pulled it out at the bottom after seeing my white goop seeping from my tube. I don't want to think what would have happened if it had been a bad blow out at that speed. I do love tubeless and recommend anyone in thorn country to give it a try.
I have to seriously think about it... normally I just change out the tube and keep riding but Saturday, because the front tire went flat just as I was turning, I took a bad fall and sprained both wrists... now I am alittle "gun shy" of getting flats while riding.

Problem with these thorns, the flats are almost always front not rear tire. Rear flat is a drag to fix but not dangerous to get like a front flat...

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.

Last edited by Pamestique; 11-23-15 at 11:33 AM.