Old 11-21-15, 01:54 AM
spec84

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenAnvil
Says who?

I detect a little bit of "blacks don't make good quarterbacks" in that argument... but the fact that you state that running at the elite level doesn't involve (or not as much) strategy and planning (and tactics!) shows how much you know about running...

You need the endurance, and you need to plan and strategize your particular race, and you need to be able to execute and/or adjust your plan, in BOTH sports. Ask around, primarily the Kenyans...
And how much do you know about pro cycling? Actually I grew up running in road races since I was a kid, and I know people who run marathons. There's not a whole lot of strategy involve in running, just knowing how to pace yourself to get the maximum out of yourself and your particular race. It's nothing like cycling. I'm not saying that Africans can't or won't see any success in pro cycling. We've already seen some success from the likes of Teklehaimanot. I was simply saying that the Kenyan domination of the Marathon world doesn't automatically translate to success in cycling. Its a different ballgame. That's all.