Old 11-23-15, 06:28 PM
Brian Ratliff

Bikes: Three road bikes. Two track bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RoderWrench
As it turns out I am impressed with the Performance trainer, it's solid, very smooth (once warmed up) and provides all the resistance I can handle. I really don't think the Zwift experience would be any better with a more expensive dumb trainer.
Yea... no offense to your choice of purchase, but a "good" dumb trainer doesn't need to be warmed up to be smooth. Cyclops makes good stuff. So does Kurt. Both around $300 for their basic fluid trainer. I recommend Kurt Kinetic; no dynamic seal around the shaft to worry about wearing out (they use a fully sealed resistance unit connected to the roller by a magnetic linkage). Mine is still running strong after hundreds of miles and about 6 years on it.

EDIT: to add to the above comment... I've not experience the 12lb weighted flywheel, but I can say that Kurt's standard product with the smaller flywheel still feels much more "road-like" than any of the cheap trainers I've used.
"If you’re new enough [to racing] that you would ask such question, then i would hazard a guess that if you just made up a workout that sounded hard to do, and did it, you’d probably get faster." --the tiniest sprinter

Last edited by Brian Ratliff; 11-23-15 at 06:31 PM.