View Single Post
Old 11-23-15, 06:37 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
I talked with a coach the other day that peed all over ERO (he provides bike fit as a service to his clients) and thought no one could ride the final positions. I listened to a podcast last night interviewing the Australian woman going for the elite hour record and she loves ERO and said it is the way to go.
Remember when I had that terrible coach? My first clue there was something wrong with him was when we first met & he wanted to change my fit from my ERO road bike fit. (He also is a fitter.) It was the first time we'd met & I had to figure out how to politely say "back off buddy, I don't know you that well".

I guess it's a testament to my current coach that he suggested a change to my ERO TT fit and I processed that for a moment and said, "yes, ok, that makes sense".

For me, having the coach & the fitter that I have has put me exponentially ahead of the curve vs where I'd be without them. It just seems like incredible good luck to me.

Personally, I think the right coach is worth every penny, but I'm the kind of person who likes to cut to the chase and get stuff done. Noodling around and trying a bunch of trial & error is not really my style. No, I don't think there is just one "expert" way to do things. But I for sure recognize that there are people who just simply have more knowledge & experience than I do and why not involve them if available? The only reason I can imagine is the expense, which is completely valid. Other than that, if you find the right people, my opinion is by all means connect yourself to them.